[Diy_efi] 4L80E into 6.2 diesel application

Eric Deslauriers eric.deslauriers at oracle.com
Tue Jul 15 02:22:36 GMT 2003

The 6.2 revs to the high 3K.  With Banks turbo, it puts out just under 400
ft/lbs. With a few more mods, it'll be in the 450-480 range.

The tranny gear ratios are the same in GM applications.

With low rear gears (4.56 I believe), 80 is about ready to have a rod come
out the side of the block.

In my case, all I need to make the engine run is a hot wire to the pump.
That means if I need anything else for the tranny, I've some work ahead of
me since I don't have it.

Eric D

http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with
either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin