[Diy_efi] WTB - TCM and some other junk

Shannen at grolen.com Shannen at grolen.com
Sat Jul 19 04:08:33 GMT 2003

DI>Shannon,

DI>After bowing to your godlike level of knowledge...

LOL...

Flattery?  Sarcasm?  I can't tell from here.  I get stuff wrong just
like anyone else, and in the years since I worked in the dealership
details do tend to fade or get replaced.

DI>If the 91 Subs came with 4L80Es and mechanical speedos, how did they
DI>accomplish this? The 4L80E I bought is out of a 91 2wd Sub. I also managed
DI>to score the speedo and DRAC, but I have yet to see any of it as it's about
DI>1200 miles away and I'm picking it up in appx 2 weeks.

I don't have the R/V series shop manual here to check this one.  The
suburban changed body styles in 93, but the R/V series may have
continued to exist for a couple more years.  It's unusual (but not
impossible) for GM to introduce new components such as an electronic
speedo for a vehicle line which is going to be retired.  I'd expect some
type of intermediate solution in this case.  I know that I've never seen
an electronic speedometer in any of the R/V style trucks.  But now that
I try, I cannot remember seeing a 4L80E in any of the R/V style trucks,
either.

Shannen