[Diy_efi] 730 harnesses

Chris Carson fastcarson at prodigy.net
Wed Jun 4 01:26:37 GMT 2003

I am(still) collecting parts for my Olds MPFI project. Please bear with me,
I'm rather new to all this EFI stuff, but I'm trying hard to learn and
absorbing all I can.
Seeing as I'm on a budget, I need to find a cheap computer and harness. The
yardes around here don't have any F/Y bodies with the computers and
harnesses still intact, and from what i've seen they cost a fortune to buy
from someone who knows what they have.
Now, I have heard about the '730 finding its way into FWD cars and whatnot,
and I am betting that this is going to be a whole lot cheaper to buy than a
"performance" TPI system :) I am aware that if I get a V6 computer that I
will need to get a V8 memcal...i assume these are specific to the 730?
one more question...I need a cheap wiring harness, too. Is it possible to
adapt the V6 harness to fit the V8 (i.e., add 2 more injector wires?)