[Diy_efi] MAF Question

va3xcd at sympatico.ca va3xcd at sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 5 19:37:41 GMT 2003

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the list, and so this is my first post.
I must say the calibre of people I have seem posting
here is impressive. I hope I can contribute my share
back, but I am still new to this stuff.

I do have a question:

Car: 1998 Escort ZX2
Engine: 2.0L Zetec

I would like to increase the size of the MAF, as
well as the throttle body. Is there a way I can
change the MAF to a larger unit without
recalibration? Am I right in thinking that if
I also change out the injectors to a set that
is matched to the MAF I can get away without
recalibration? EG: Mustang MAF and injectors
for example (I dont know if they are a direct
fit....just used that as an example).

Finding all this a little overwhelming at this
point, as I am just starting to understand the
way these systems work.

Regards,
Bill