[Diy_efi] Question relating to old posts.....cheapdatalogger?

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Mon Jun 9 02:59:14 GMT 2003

Mr Motor wrote:

> ok, bare with me here.....i'm no electrical guru. I now
> understand how the IAT functions. I get THAT PART.
>
> Now, all this resistor stuff is where i dont know what you are
> talking about. Are you telling me that i can wire up the IAT
> sensor with some resistors to give it a constant 5v power supply
> and then it will work with the dataq 194?

The IAT sensor is a variable resistor whose resistance varies with
temperature.  Put it in series with a resistor as Perry indicated.  +5
to the resistor, other end of the resistor to the IAT sensor, other end
of the IAT sensor to ground.  Then read/log the voltage from where the
IAT sensor is connected to the resistor.  There should be  table of
voltage/temperature values in the service manual.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com