[Diy_efi] Injector size Q on Maxda MX5/Miata

toby VERNON-SMITH toby at kmvs.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Jun 14 00:19:02 GMT 2003

    Just a couple quick question I'm hoping sombody might be able to answer
for me...
I've got a turbocharged MX5 1.6 engine in an MGB and after playing with an
GReddy eManage on a rolling road, the standard injectors have reached 100%
duty cycle at an estimated 140hp at the crank. I beleve these injectors are
205cc/min but can anybody tell me the fuel presure? I've also heard that the
1.8 engine have 230cc/min injectors but these later engines don't seem to
turn up at scrapyards in the UK. Are there any other injectors wich will be
a direct replacment but with a larger capacity?
I'm after about 250hp ultimatly and for this I recon I need about 350cc/min
per injector. Just making a guess at the standard fuel presure of 30psi, and
using 230cc/min injectors, I'd need to raise the fuel presure to about
70psi. Am I right in thinking that this may be a problem?

Does anybody have any experience of the eManage and wouldn't mined giving me
some advice?! Many thanks, Toby