[Diy_efi] ION sensing question

peterw peterw at waybeat.com.au
Sat Jun 14 04:22:39 GMT 2003

As I understand it ION sensing ignition systems can be used to determine,
combustion pressure, knock, misfire etc and these ignition systems are used
to adjust advance on a cycle by cycle basis.

Does anyone know if ION sensing can be used to determine mixture ? If so
anyone point me to a relevant web link or other literature. My attempsts a
web serach turned up lots of references to either ignition systems or other
chemical exotica. Couldn't find any refrence to fuel mixture determination.

Thanks
Peter