[Diy_efi] Tuning on Dynapack

Todd A. Pepmeier tpepmeie at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 29 23:20:27 GMT 2003

All,
I will be fine tuning my fuel & spark maps on a Dynapack dyno in a few
weeks.  This is an eddy-current type dyno, not an inertial like Dynojet. =
 My
objective will be to optimize for best torque.

For those that have tuned maps this way, any tips?  I have a 17x30 Fuel =
Map
and a 16x23 spark map (1228331 ECM, BFXB code, 1991 Corvette ZR-1).  I =
have
two hours booked, so I don't think I will get to optimize each data =
point.
I guess I will pick a few at each RPM band, and interpolate the rest =
later.

Using the Romulator and WBO2, I've got the part-throttle at 14.7:1 =
already,
but want to see what makes best torque at those loads.  Suppose I just =
start
increasing the VE (and spark advance) until best torque?

Appreciate any guidance, especially if you've used a Dynapack before.

Regards,
Todd Pepmeier