[Diy_efi] Tuning on Dynapack

Joe Lutz joeelutz at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 19:31:11 GMT 2003

The way I generally treat the timing if your not getting any knock is
advance while holding a constant speed and Throttle position until the
torque levels off at max, then retard 5 degrees.  Generally you will see
knock first though, especially if you are in at high loads.  Another thing a
lot of people don't realize is that you need to run much lower timing at
idle to prevent idle surge and stall upon sudden throttle lift.  If you have
a hard time making it idle good, retard the timing at idle speed and load
and let the IAC valve open up to make it idle.  I agree..fuel first, timing
second.

Joe