[Diy_efi] rally technology (was: traction control & nitrous)

Scott F. Williams sfwilliams at comcast.net
Sat Mar 1 04:29:03 GMT 2003

Mr(?) McConnell wrote:
> um, im not the point of the matter is there is very little
> difference between the road wrx and the wrc wrx.  even though
> those differences increase the cost a great deal that is beside
> the point.

There is NO such thing as a "WRC WRX". There exists the mighty Impreza WRC
and then the pedestrian Impreza WRX. They are totally different cars that
share only trace amounts of genetic code. Think human and chimpanzee for a
weak analogy. Our DNA is actually 99% the same, but that last 1% produces
some substantial differences in ability. Or... at least in theory it should.
:^) The WRC and WRX cars are even *less* related to each other. Even Group N
cars are beyond the scope of what you can buy at the dealership.

Btw, I'd love to keep this thread going *within the context* of this great
list. Otherwise we should drop it. Perhaps we can expound upon the
incredible engine, suspension, and differential management systems that the
WRC cars have? There's a treasure trove of interesting topics to discuss
there. One of the reasons why I find rallycars so fascinating is because
they are more closely related to what we drive everyday than any other types
of racing vehicles.
--
Scott F. Williams
Team Director