[Diy_efi] traction control & nitrous (devlish combo?)

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Sat Mar 1 06:14:19 GMT 2003

FWIW, Prodrive lists the WRC at 333,000 gbp.

For that price you get an S8 spec WRC with 300BHP and 427lb/ft torque.
It comes with a semi-automatic sequential gearbox with 80ms shift times.
It has fully programmable front, rear, and center diffs with adjustable
torque bias.  The chassis has 37 meters of tubing for the roll cage and
75 meters of seam welding.  It takes 600 man hours to construct the chassis.
It comes with 2 variations of brakes: 12 inch 4 pot alcons for gravel, and
14.4 inch 6 pot alcons for tarmac.  Weight is 2706 lbs or 1230kg.

Hopefully this should put an end to the "the WRC is just an overpriced
WRX" argument.  Sufficed to say, if you could pull a fast one on the
DMV and register a "Subaru WRX" in the US with a tarmac setup, you'd be
eating every car on the road and toying with supercars.

Although, at that price it's more expensive than a supercar.  You could
buy a Lamborghini and a Ferrari, and still have enough left over for
fuel for several years.

BTW, the quoted power figures are with the mandated 34mm restrictor.  Take
it off and I'm sure the Gran Turismo figure of 576HP isn't far off.

I was told by the Factor Corvette team that dual 35.4mm restrictors were
enough to drop 150+HP off the NA race motor, do the comparison to a boosted
car.

--Perry

--
Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin