[Diy_efi] Re: injector current-feedback driver

Alexei Pavlov alexis.pavlov at st.com
Mon Mar 3 16:42:30 GMT 2003

> What if Q1 is a darlington?

Darlingtons have high Vce sat (heating problems). You'd better use a
FET.

> What FET do you recommend for max 6A? Do I need a FET-drive
> than (like megasquirt) or 5 Volt HC output is fine for
> driving FET gate?

Personnally I don't like HC logic driving FETs. But you can use them
if you properly limit the FET gate current.

I tested many FET driver circuits some years ago. The better results
were
with transistor based drivers, a pair of 2N2222 usually allow openning
of the FET in 250ns.
To quickly understand FET drivers try to find Motorola Power App Notes.
Philip's ones are good too.