[Diy_efi]

fuelogic at ihug.com.au fuelogic at ihug.com.au
Sun Mar 9 22:14:25 GMT 2003

Hey Mark,

I use the TBI unit from the N13 1.6 pulsar. The unit has an integral fuel
pressure regulator (90 kPa), throttle position sensor and idle stepper motor.
Only trouble is the injector is pretty gutless...somewhere around 600 cc/min i
think. Also, impedence is 1 ohm (u need p&h).
I use it on my missus's beetle....where the carby used to be :) Runs great.
With closed loop control and catalytic converter....a lot cleaner than your
average beetle.
About the p&h injection discussion...I remember ages ago I built a circuit
using an analog switch to dump charge plus current into the base of a BJT.
The initial charge dump would cause a large base current to flow initially,
then would drop off to only the resistor current over time.
Trouble is...u need to pick your base current resistor just right for each
individual BJT to get the right hold current.
Also..I have an ECU from an Nissan infinity sequential V8. I notice there are
lots of 8 components everywhere..I assume part of sequential injection
circuits...I'll look further.

Cya...Matt