[Diy_efi] peak-and-hold injector driver ic's

Bevan Weiss kaizen__ at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 10 04:24:02 GMT 2003

It's not a pulse width modulated hold current :(
This means that power is wasted in the transistor used to control the
current flow.
That makes it an analog device and I just don't like them :P

I think it's also important to remember that every watt of power usage by
the electrical components of the car draws about 2 watts from the engine
(assuming 50% efficiency in power delivery from alternator).  It's peanuts
to kiloWatts, but it's still a power loss.