[Diy_efi] Typical boosted ignition timings

Marc Reviel marc at powerlogix.com
Mon Mar 10 17:43:17 GMT 2003

Hi guys,

I've beginning tuning on a built engine, just needed some examples of
what people are running out there in timing.  (The engine is a 3.6L
twin-plug, 7.5:1 static CR, all forged, all aluminum, twin turbo with
a large efficient intercooler.  I am running with wide-band O2's, and
I can maintain any AFR I want at any speed/load. So far, at 0.8bar
(~11psi), I have tuned it to 581hp on 93 octane on the dyno.)

Now, I am interested in finishing the tuning at a max boost of
1.2-1.3bar (~18lbs) on 93 octane.

Any one out there have any typical timing/AFR data on something
remotely similar? Or any good websites with pertinent data?

Thanks in advance!

--
Marc J. Reviel

Director of Engineering/CTO