[Diy_efi] new EFI controller

Greg Hermann bearbvd at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 10 18:24:14 GMT 2003

At 11:53 AM 3/10/03, Toyota Supra wrote:
>although tps is not super crucial in the additional injection, the rpm (as
>well as boost) would be ... reason being, is that if i want the injectors to
>turn on at a certain rpm, or boost, i can set either, or set values based on
>either, since it will make 15 pounds of boost at 4500rpms in 2nd gear, but
>15 pounds at 3300 in 5th gear

You can accomplish essentially the SAME thing by turning on the secondary
injectors based on duty cycle of the primaries, or based on some internally
calculated engine load calculation. Far simpler to do it either of these
ways in the software than to do a separate calculation.

The _REALLY_  nice_ arrangement is to size the primary injectors at about
1/2 the flow capacity of the secondaries. (In other words, size the
injectors so as to get 1/3 of full power fuel flow from the primaries and
2/3 from the secondaries.) Turn the secondaries ON and the primaries OFF
when you get to about 75 or 80% duty cycle on the primaries, then turn the
primaries back ON (leaving the secondaries ON) when you get up to enough
load to reach 75 or 80% duty cycle on the secondaries. You will get _MUCH_
more accurate fuel metering this way, from idle through cruise all the way
to the top end.

Greg