[Diy_efi] Re: Minimalist micro based EFI ?

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 11 07:48:33 GMT 2003

Yeah interesting,

It seems to me it should be possible to use a smaller micro and
do a classic spi type latched output for things like injectors
and digital non-time critical outputs, similarly with inouts.
This issue about lots of timers is a bit of a red-herring, it
boils down to ram and effective use of a RTC, you can have as
many timers as you have ram,

So it boils down to a fast enough CPU, some basic 10 bit adc
and ram... There should be lots of processors that can handle that
and still have room for tables... etc

rgds

mike