[Diy_efi] Re: Minimalist micro based EFI ?

Erik Jacobs emj14 at columbia.edu
Tue Mar 11 13:38:04 GMT 2003

> If you go to a mathematical model as before, then you could use up all the
> 'extra' processing cycles refining the coeffiecents.  Assuming
> some kind of feedback system...

The only kind of feedback system that would be of any use would have to
involve some kind of WBO2, wouldn't it??

Hmm... it would be pretty crazy if you could include a 4gas analyzer in an
EFI system!

As for your mathematical models... I can kinda picture in my mind a bunch of
curves on a graph of, say, RPM vs. Inj Duty cycle (or some way to measure
fueling) or RPM Vs. Timing degrees, where each curve is related to TPS or
something like that.  It's a good idea, but is memory really that much of a
bottleneck here?  Some EFI systems out there are getting away with 20x20
maps for fuel/ignition (and I assume using some kind of interpolation
between).  If you're calculating how to land inside a 20x20 map, the map
itself is only 400 boxes, and if you can store each one as an 8bit number
that's not a whole lot of memory for a "functional" ECU.