[Diy_efi] Re: Minimalist micro based EFI ?

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 11 15:00:16 GMT 2003

At 01:38 AM 3/12/03 +1100, you wrote:
>> <cough> I dont see how boost has anything to do with the number of bits.
>
>Your 5V range has to take into account a higher pressure range, hence more
>bits will take you closer to your original 5V/1bar resolution.

Huh, what has 1bar got to do with 5v, sounds like an arbitrary
selection - why does it have to be that way - is it some 'standard' ?

Surely any aftermarket read modified read diy doesnt necessarily
'know' this 5v/1bar ratio, I've seen people put huge AFM's on
cars that do 18psi, did they skip the 5v/1bar 'standard' ?

So now you are saying air flow voltage is related to boost pressure
rather intimately ?

Rgds

Mike Massen
Mb +61 (0) 438 048961