[Diy_efi] Re: Minimalist micro based EFI ?

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 11 15:26:06 GMT 2003

Yes yes, I udnerstand thats an output issue and a convenience
setting for a *MAP* sensor but, I was talking MAF and 'Mos' must
have assumed I was talking MAP <sigh>,

So, back to MAF, and from what I have seen of the extent Bosch
went to with a thick film circuit, I guss 8 bits is not enough
for MAF given the log output and 10 bits is also unlikely
to be enough, so more like 12-14 bits would seem a compromise  ?

rgds

mike

At 09:06 AM 3/11/03 -0600, you wrote:
>5V/1bar would be the 'standard' for a 1bar MAP sensor, a gm 3bar does
5V/3bar.... seems most MAP sensors max out at 5V, pressure capability
depends on how it's made... i.e., honda map will do in excess of 1 bar, but
not quite 2 bar, and maxes out at 5V (but the honda ecu doesn't know what
to do when the voltage from the MAP sensor exceeds approx. 3V, which is
where 1 bar is on those sensors)