[Diy_efi] Re: Minimalist micro based EFI ?

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 11 18:10:18 GMT 2003

At 12:04 AM 3/12/03 +0800, you wrote:

<cough> On further thought, given most basic 8 bit ecus offer
10 bits or more of a/d then its reasonable to expect any
mapped AFM signal at higher loads to provide a coarse
setting with the O2 used as the final trim might well be
readily achievable,

In any case the scenario you paint where one has heavy overfueling
or conversely very lean operation is one experienced during
tuning only not normal operation - ie. given a basic 10 bits for MAF
would be an acceptable numeric and practical (cheap) minimum
with trim suported by Lambda and only after a tuning run, assuming
of course the fuel timing figure isnt too granular but, this is
not that directly related to MAF in a tuning operation...

Yes I should have discussed the issue of dynamic range though
(also) in any case there is no need to convert log to linear
to map - the MAF to fuel table might as well have log entries
on a one to one basis with each bit of measured MAF,

rgds

mike