[Diy_efi] Re: Minimalist micro based EFI ?

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 12 00:47:03 GMT 2003

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 09:48:26PM +0800, Mike wrote:
> mmmm, I wondering now that 10 bits is just not enough,

10 bits gives you 0.1% of FSD accuracy.

> The MAF signal is log with a DC offset of around 1.5v (which

Which MAF? Pierburg are making MAFs with integrated digital hybrid
controller producing corrected and filtered output. Either PWM, CAN
or analogue. There's also an integrated intake air temperature
sensor.

Sensors are getting smarter which is both good and bad.
Good in that it should improve the reliability of systems because
the chip on the sensor can be tailored precisely to that sensor, and
bad in that it can make the sensor quite abit more expensive.

> varies a little +-10% on mine). So from 1.5 to 5v we have
> a log output, we could effectively having a doubling of
> air flow at the last 10% of scale from say 4.5v to 5v,
> hence I'd think 12 bits would be more appropriate with
> a DC offset subtraction and amp prior to the ADC input.

[snip]