[Diy_efi] EEC-IV questions

Adrian R. Steele arsteele at ufl.edu
Wed Mar 12 03:04:50 GMT 2003

--===============023832471306346248==

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C2E344.1AD20D10

I am a grad student involved in my school's Formula SAE team.  We =
currently use a Motec M4, but we only have the one and they are =
extremely expensive.  The ubiquitous availability of the EEC-IVs from =
junkers makes them dirt cheap compared to the Motec.  It would be great =
to have another system for dyno work and engine development.  Plus I can =
apply what I learn to my own car.  I'm also interested in putting =
together a fuzzy logic engine control system so I have a few questions =
regarding the EEC-IV.

1.  Can the EEC-IV be completely reprogrammed, ie. a whole new program =
written to the EPROM?  Or are you limited to playing with the maps? =20

2.  Does anyone know of any examples of it having been done if it is =
possible?

3.  My background is in software so I don't know a lot about =
electronics.  Is there an inexpensive board or RS-232 adapter I can use =
reprogram the EPROM via the J3 connector on the EEC-IV?  Or maybe plans =
for constructing one?

4.  Have any do-it-yourselfers put together a fuzzy logic engine =
control?  I know some of the auto maufacturers have applied fuzzy logic =
in some of the control systems.

5.  Is there a compiler for the 8061 or are you limited to assembly =
language?  I could write my own compiler for a C-like language, but why =
reinvent the wheel if you don't have to?

ars

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C2E344.1AD20D10

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am a grad student involved in my =
school's Formula=20
SAE team.&nbsp; We currently use a Motec M4, but we only have the one =
and they=20
are extremely expensive.&nbsp; The ubiquitous availability of the =
EEC-IVs from=20
junkers makes them dirt cheap compared to the Motec.&nbsp; It would be =
great to=20
have another system for dyno work and engine development.&nbsp; Plus I =
can apply=20
what I learn to my own car.&nbsp; I'm also interested in putting =
together a=20
fuzzy logic engine control system so I have a few questions regarding =
the=20
EEC-IV.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>1.&nbsp; Can the EEC-IV be completely =
reprogrammed,=20
ie. a whole new program written to the EPROM?&nbsp; Or are you limited =
to=20
playing with the maps?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>2.&nbsp; Does anyone know of any =
examples of it=20
having been done if it is possible?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>3.&nbsp; My background is in software =
so I don't=20
know a lot about electronics.&nbsp; Is there an inexpensive board or =
RS-232=20
adapter I can use reprogram the EPROM via the J3 connector on the =
EEC-IV?&nbsp;=20
Or maybe plans for constructing one?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>4.&nbsp; Have any do-it-yourselfers put =
together a=20
fuzzy logic engine control?&nbsp; I know some of the auto maufacturers =
have=20
applied fuzzy logic in some of the control systems.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>5.&nbsp; Is there a compiler for the =
8061 or are=20
you limited to assembly language?&nbsp; I could write my own compiler =
for a=20
C-like language, but why reinvent the wheel if you don't have =
to?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>ars</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C2E344.1AD20D10--