[Diy_efi] tach input circuit

Bevan Weiss kaizen__ at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 12 03:38:46 GMT 2003

Surely R7 should be high voltage surface mount as well?
Going by the same logic as R5 and R6...
And why the protection diode on the output signal??
Also, why is the MOSFET tied high via the diode.  That would mean that the
output is always held low... when the MOSFET is on, the cathode of the diode
is connected to ground via the MOSFET.  When the MOSFET is off, the cathode
of the diode is still connected to ground via the MOSFET just at a much
higher impedance...

What's the output actually for??
Is it supposed to be tied high externally in which case, why's the diode D2
there?