[Diy_efi] Re: new EFI controller

Marcell Gal cell at x-dsl.hu
Wed Mar 12 07:03:27 GMT 2003

Hi Klaus,

>> to make sure they switch off fast put a zener into the back EMF diode path
>> (A higher voltage during the injector energy discharge makes it faster)
>
> Yep, the consensus seems to be zener or shottky...
> I'd probably say shottky, though I'd have to look into it slightly more...

Alexei suggested rectifying diode (fast or ultrafast).
Not as sensitive, as a schottky.
Or using a controlled flyback, as yourself used in
the PWM limiting app.

The AVR megasquirt is great and here: (thanx for the hint)
http://caffrey.dk/megasquirt/
Look at schematic page 6. T3 is a power pnp,
flyback diode is connected to T3 emitter, collector
connected to ground (
(Michael, may be it should connect to power for efficiency
and cool T3 operation!!!)
base offset is set by a resistor and zener.
I would also use a power resistor (~20..47 Ohm)
parallel with T3 CE. I think this is better than
a power zener. (Especially if we want to control it
for PWM limiting)

 Marcell