[Diy_efi] EFI interface database

Alexei Pavlov alexis.pavlov at st.com
Wed Mar 12 13:32:21 GMT 2003

Hi all,

Currently there are several threads that discuss possible new
ECU designs.

What I can conclude from all these discussions is that the CPU isn't
really an issue for the people. Everyone uses what he/she likes
or can buy.

When designing an ECU the most of the time is wasted building
analog <-> CPU interfaces and writting the real-time software.

The SW is mostly platform dependent, even if written in C.
I don't think people really needs help for this part of job.

However there are two fields when a collective work could help:
1. discrete component interfaces between CPU and sensors.
2. data logs (real-time measures) collected on running engines.
The point 2 is important as many of us still does not have
clear idea about how sensor outputs must be processed prior
being used by the engine management algorithm.

I think we need a database (index file) where anyone could put or get
sensor/actuator interfaces that have been tested in ECUs.
Another database could contain not tested designs (ideas).
And the last database could contain raw data logs collected
on running engines (with measure conditions, etc...).

Also as being relatively new in this group I don't understand
how the FTP index file is maintained. It does not reflect the
current state of the repository and I don't know how to update
this file.

Alexei