[Diy_efi] EFI interface database

Alexei Pavlov alexis.pavlov at st.com
Wed Mar 12 15:03:33 GMT 2003

mwp at overclockers.com.au wrote:

> > However there are two fields when a collective work could help:
> > 1. discrete component interfaces between CPU and sensors.
> > 2. data logs (real-time measures) collected on running engines.
> > The point 2 is important as many of us still does not have
> > clear idea about how sensor outputs must be processed prior
> > being used by the engine management algorithm.
>
> Great idea.
> It would be very very useful if somthing like this existed.
>
> Im just about to build and test what i can only call a "multi purpose" ECU ive
> designed.  A lot of it has been designed using ideas from MegaSquirt, but ive
> had to adapt a lot of it to interface with the MSP430F149 3.3V micro im using,
> not an easy thing, lots to think about..

3.3V CPU is another issue. As technologies shrink more and more
many CPU will go to 3.3V even if I/O will be 5V compliant.

> > I think we need a database (index file) where anyone could put or get
> > sensor/actuator interfaces that have been tested in ECUs.
> > Another database could contain not tested designs (ideas).
> > And the last database could contain raw data logs collected
> > on running engines (with measure conditions, etc...).
>
> This is would also be quite useful.
>
> But really, this information a lot of the time isnt too difficult to get.
> Search the net enough, and youll find response graphs for the sensor your
> interested in.

I'm interested in a data logs of engine sensors during real runs,
because sensor response graphs can not describe engine behaviour during
transitions. I want to know how to sample sensor outputs to filter
intake/exhaust pulsations while still keeping important signal
ferquencies.

I need infos to know relationship between pressure, AF, air temperature
and TP, ... changes to be able to replace/enrich some measures by
others.

Simple response graphs can not give that, and Heywood's book
does not describe all that I want to know (even if it contains more than
what I can understand :-)