[Diy_efi] Crank sensor for knock detection?

PuffnSmoke puffnsmoke at cox.net
Wed Mar 12 18:39:48 GMT 2003

Thanks for the help.  So how do production engines without a knock
sensor adjust their timing when knock occurs?  Or do they adjust at all?
I'm convinced there has to be some form of detection going on which
causes the timing to be retarded, or is the software setup for a simple
lookup table using variables such as IAT, RPM, MAP, TPS, and calculated
engine load to determine a timing?

Thanks
Mike