[Diy_efi] Re: new EFI controller

Marcell Gal cell at x-dsl.hu
Wed Mar 12 20:56:11 GMT 2003

Hi Alexei,

>> Anyway, I cannot find a reason to connect T3 collector
>> to GND instead of 12 V.
>
> The reason could be that you drive a current through the power
> supply which is not ideal and has internal impendance. So
> you'll have voltage drop on supply, which will induce additional
> noise in an already noisy system.

NO! NO! NO!
(noone looks at the actual circuit ?)

The other end of the injector is connected to 12 V,
_NOT_ GND.
So it's exactly the other way around!
You're driving through the supply if you connect it to ground.
(although I don't think that would count too much anyway, since
high supply impedance would pose much more significant
problem at injector opening. To decrease that you have to use
sufficient wires and maybe capacitors.)

Marcell