[Diy_efi] Re: Flyback Circuit: was new EFI controller

Marcell Gal cell at x-dsl.hu
Thu Mar 13 00:26:38 GMT 2003

Hi David,

>..
> There's a much higher impedance from the ECU supply to the battery:
> smaller wires, a fuse, not many connector pins, board traces instead >..

OK. If this would be the only reason to have a slightly thicker
wire to Vbatt or a capacitor and maybe a separate fuse than
its probably not worth the effort.

> Your circuit is best deployed not in the ECU, but directly across the
> injectors where the return path  is not going to affect other things.
> Then I'd agree with what you say.

I'd put power drivers to separate board(s) alltogether, with
sufficient power lines of course.
But I have to admit that this schematic was for
an 'integrated ECU' not a general solution.

Thank you David for the argument.

 Marcell