[Diy_efi] Crank sensor for knock detection?

PuffnSmoke puffnsmoke at cox.net
Thu Mar 13 07:48:21 GMT 2003

Certain models, Ford trucks in particular (F series) use knock sensors
and are MAF (and are NA), Dodge trucks do not use knock sensors and are
speed density (and are also NA).  I was just curious if there is any
form of real time detection and timing compensation done.  I was
assuming the engine control system on the Dodge was more intelligent
that it actually is.

Mike