[Diy_efi] timeframe to get equal fuel distribution

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 16 07:27:39 GMT 2003

At 10:00 PM 3/15/03 -0800, Adam Wade <espresso_doppio at yahoo.com>
 wrote:
>Expensive, heavy and complicated, plus there's a lot
>of development time involved in putting it in a
>different engine configuration...  Bosch is limited to
>4 cylinders right now, too, until they figure out how
>to make ECUs with big power transistors and caps (for
>injector driving, sound familiar?) without them
>breaking a lot from vibration...  Plus there's a heat
>dissipation issue from the power drivers and all the
>VLSI processing chips...

Doesnt BMW have GDI on their latest top of the line 750's,
which are V8's and they use Bosch equipment - as its ben
on the market for almost 3 months, you'd think it was
in development some time back as much as 3 years... ?

That same engine has full variable valve lift on intake,
no throtle body, just DC motor controlling aux cam next to
inlet cam - or was that only the new M3 6-cylinder 3L ?

Or have BMW switched to using other suppliers and it isnt
a Bosch system,

I recall we had a thread on this a few months back, some
horrendous fuel pressures and the timing for it ran off
the exhaust cam - not a lot of computing power required
for that - you might only need to modulate fuel pressure
according to expanded maps, not a lot of computing powere
there either...

Rgds ~`:o

Mike Massen
Network Power Systems