[Diy_efi] COP

Bevan Weiss kaizen__ at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 16 08:19:43 GMT 2003

Yeah, don't worry my dream includes a head redesign ofcourse (it's a dream
after all)
I'd actually want quite a bit of added complexity...
Slightly off EFI subject though...
Really want something like a 4valve per cylinder configuration, this allows
better use of the gas momentum to improve volumetric efficiency at low rpm
whilst still maintaining high rpm flow.  Have the valves staged, such that
at low revs only one intake and one exhaust is open.  When you get into the
high revs both intakes are open and both exhaust are open.  Possibly have
the valves as one small and one large (ie 4cm^2 and 16cm^2 or so) such that
you could have different flow areas for different revs as well... allows for
far more calculations :D

Even better would be electronically controlled valves, which I haven't heard
anything about for a while.  If variable overlap and variable valve opening
could be controlled via microcontroller that would be perfect...