[Diy_efi] timeframe to get equal fuel distribution

Alexei Pavlov alexis.pavlov at st.com
Tue Mar 18 10:12:07 GMT 2003

> As far as doing it for performance reasons, I think
> that would be largely secondary.  Think of it in terms
> of the diesel world.

In the diesel world there are still two BIG issues: NOx and particles.
The modern turbo-diesels have increased bmeps and decrease all
other diesel pollutions (also by removing the need for valve
overlaps), but these two are still very high.

So as you pointed out high CR turbos are not very 'clean'.

GDI is probably also a way to make more compact engines (for
japaneese and european markets of course).