[Diy_efi] Audi Chip

Gerard gerard at poboxes.com
Mon Mar 31 19:14:16 GMT 2003

Okay, here is what I found in my ancient and dusty archives.

Item number 1: check out http://www.datarescue.com for the IDA Pro
disassembler which handles the Hitachi 6303 microprocessors.

Next, if the ROM is really an EPROM then it should be a HN482764 in the
MAC11. If it is a one time programmable device then it is a HN6B64P, so
I reckon that item you have there is perhaps one of these. Given the "B"
and "13" ... well, one of us has bad eyesight. :P

The I/O chip should be marked D2808C. The CPU is probably something like
HD63B03XD, based on the Motorola 6802 with extra stuff in it I am told.

One word of warning before you disassemble, find the tables and bump
things up. The onboard MAP sensor is only going to go up to 1.9 bar MAP.
I had the Motorola replacement part number around somewhere, but it is
somewhere in the ancient inbox and I still have to find it.

I'm going to send you my disassembled code for the MAC13A which is based
on the MAC12 ECU, but just use it as a guideline because I have no idea
how it relates to the MAC11 stuff. I will send you an e-mail address of
someone who can help you with the MAC11 as he did the disassembly files
for the MAC11 through MAC14.

Basically, there are a couple timing maps in the unit along with boost
and rpm maps, a checksum area and a overboost cut-out area. The ECU will
start with one of the timing maps and it is picks up knock and retards
timing beyond a limit then it switches to the other timing map which is
set up for poor fuel.

I do have (somewhere around here) a MAC13A ROM I pulled from a crashed
Audi 200 turbo which was done by some Porsche tuning shop many, many
years ago. I had the bin files, but ofcourse they're probably now on CD
somewhere. How organised am I, huh? :)

Stay tuned for more breaking news.

I'll send it to your personal address so save the list of a Word
document file.

G.