[Diy_efi] RE: Diy_efi Digest, Vol 5, Issue 25

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 17:48:21 GMT 2003

--- Dennis Hanson <dhanson at larsonburton.com> wrote:

> Is this the high pressure fuel pump not keeping up
> with the demand of fuel?  Or is it the pressure
> regulator?  Or.... Something else?

Ugh.  Please don't quote the whole digest back to the
list!  :(

I'd suggest that you probably will want to install a
fuel pressure gauge that you can watch while driving,
as well as a method of watching MAP (since they should
vary together).  Best would probably be something that
showed DIFFERENTIAL pressure between the two, and to
see how constant that was.

The surge could be any of a number of things,
depending on how the EFI on your car operates (I am
not sure if it is a MAF or a speed density system).
Could be ignition timing, accel shot, all kinds of things.

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |