[Diy_efi] Cylinder misfire engine code

Bevan Weiss kaizen__ at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 17 14:07:51 GMT 2003

> A friend of mine has a 97 Plymouth Voyager. He had a check engine light.
> code reader said it was #6 cylinder misfire.  I'm curious how that is
> detected.  Anyone?

It could be detected using a multitude of different methods.  The engine
might have pressure sensors between the spark plug and the block, or it
might use some form of spark ion sensing.  It may even just use a high speed
WB02 sensor and detect the extreme rich condition and call that a misfire.

I'm not familiar with the big US cars so I wouldn't be able to tell you
which method it uses.  A google search might be able to get you some more
info.