[Diy_efi] Knock sensor for Olds

Joe Vitek joevitek at comcast.net
Tue Nov 18 01:06:23 GMT 2003

> As far as I know the knock sensor is a piezo microphone.

I have read that too and it makes sense to me.

> filters of all 3 types:  C3
> (little flat black box), P4 (integrated onto memcal), and the little
> blue one that plugs onto the PCB board of the computer.

If that document is available, I would greatly be interested in it.

> There was also a document that gave the transfer functions for all the
> MAP sensors.

Is there a document that gives the transfer functions of the knock sensor
filters for each application? That would be awesome to have. I guess it could be
measured if one had the knock sensor filter in hand. A trip to the j-yard?

You could use an audio spectrum analyzer to map the transfer function of the
knock sensor filter types. Then recreate them using your own curve fit transfer
function. I guess it would be kinda hard to measure phase response. Is there a
such a thing as an audio network analyzer?

Hmmm...

--
joe vitek (on the banks of the Merrimack River)
http://oldsgmail.com/