[Diy_efi] MegaSpark Ignition Options ?

sc7500 sc7500 at sonic.net
Sat Apr 10 18:51:34 GMT 2004

Hi there;

Being newly retired [suddenly, and with way too much time on my hands],
I began researching ways to build a coil-per-cylinder ignition for my
rear engined dragster [481ci injected alky Chevy, 7.80 ETs @ 175 or so].
The commercially available pieces [MSD, Electromotive, etc] cost more
than I care to spend, and I can build simple electronic devices, sooo...

MSD's #7500 kit looks pretty easy to install, FAST's ignition / injector
control does too, and Electromotive has a decent combo package.

But we're talking $850.00 to $3500.00... not feasible with the existing
income level now.

The Mega website (http://www.megasquirt.info) has a ton of excellent
information, and affordability being a key deal, is by far a better way
to go for what I want to do, present and future.

But so far there's nothing listed [that *I* can see, anyway] that allows
an MSD crank trigger / MSD 7AL2 / individual coil per cylinder package
to be home manufactured.

Anyone out there have a tip on where / how to build / attain current
plans for a coil per cylinder system that can handle 950+ HP, combine
easily with a mechanical injected alcohol setup, and "standard issue"
MSD racing spark boxes ?

I'd appreciate it.

Best and TIA
--