[Diy_efi] RE: EPROM damage?

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Mon Apr 12 14:11:59 GMT 2004

David Daniel wrote:

> I do not have any type of resistor jumped across pins A & B in the ALDL.  I
> was using a "high-tech" paper clip to pull the codes.  Limp-in mode crossed
> my mind, too, but I've never experienced a car doing that before.  I'll
> check resistance across those pins and see what I find.

I'm thinking more towards a damaged harness.  Limp-home test mode seems
to match your SES observations.  In this test mode, SES is turned on
(but no code is set) and the ECM stops all/most digital computer control
of the engine.

Do you have all the correct power connections to the ECM?  Perhaps one
of the power sources isn't connected.

> This is making me lean towards the re-man ECM or my EPROM being the culprits
> here.

If you are not getting a code 51, then the EPROM should be fine.  That's
one item that the ECM can self-test really well.