[Diy_efi] motronic for spark, megasquirt for fuel?

Doug Chapman drc at drcproductions.com
Tue Apr 13 18:36:08 GMT 2004

I have a 1990 BMW 515i (bosch motronic 1.3).  I would like to
experiment with the megasquirt to control fuel injection and
spark.  I plan on doing this incrementally with just fuel
injection at first still relying on the motronic to control
the ignigion..  Would the motronic system get confused if
it were disconnected from the fuel injectors?  If so would I
be able to fake it out by connecting resistors in place of
the injectors so the motronic saw some load?

thanks,

- Doug Chapman