[Diy_efi] Looking for a surge tank with 255 lph in-tank pump

clair.davis at charter.net clair.davis at charter.net
Sat Apr 17 03:15:03 GMT 2004

Yeah, even through Holley it was +/-$400, kind of spendy.  There are other
surge tanks out there, but most require some sort of lift pump.  I hate
adding redundant systems, but short of having a custom tank made (+/-$1K),
that's probably the tidiest way to go.  Here's a couple more options:
http://www.jcperformance.com/fuel_tanks.htm
The "nitrous enrichment tank" holds about 1 gal, and is about $100:
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=2506&prmenbr=361
The old standby on SDS-EFI:
http://www.sdsefi.com/techsurge.htm
Home brew:
http://www.sonic.net/~mikebr/efi/surge_tank/surge_tank.html
>>From a junkyard Jag:
http://www3.mb.sympatico.ca/~agh12/surgetank/

A whole different way of thinking is a flop tube, but I don't know how it
would wear in an auto tank...
http://www.wannafly.net/rv8/fuel_tank_construction.htm

I know I've got a couple more links, but they're not currently obvious to
this casual observer.  Brain's a little fried, I just took the PE test
today, so I'm in shut-down mode about now.  If I find 'em, I'll post 'em.
Might also want to search the archives, I may have posted them earlier.

Clair