[Diy_efi] Hi and JECS injector question

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Fri Apr 30 06:21:18 GMT 2004

Lorcan Parnell wrote:

> The Dynojet Powercommander 3 I want to use is intended for use on bikes with
> high impedance (13-16ohm) sequential injectors. [...]
>
> The bike I want to fit it to has four low impedance (2.6ohm) batch-fired
> injectors. [...]
>
>  If I fit a resistor (10ohm?) to each output of the PC3 will each injector
> get less
> voltage than stock and open slower?

I doubt that adding a resistor in series with (each) injector will solve
your problem.  The resistor will make the injector look like a high
impedance injector to the electronics.  However, the injector likely
won't be getting enough current to operate correctly.  That's the point
of a low impedance injector - you can pump a lot of amps through it to
get it to open, and then a short while later current limit to a lower
value to keep it from burning up.