[Diy_efi] Hi and JECS injector question

Lorcan Parnell lorcan at 750turbo.com
Thu Apr 29 20:35:49 GMT 2004

inline 4 cyl.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian McMahan" <BMcMahan at superchips.com>
To: "Lorcan Parnell" <lorcan at 750turbo.com>; "A list for Do-It-Yourself EFI"
<diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 9:00 PM
Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] Hi and JECS injector question

this is an inline 4cyl? Or V?

Brian Mcmahan
Sales/CSR/Tech
Superchips Inc.
BMcmahan at Superchips.com
888-227-2447 Ex> 118
Fax (407) 585-1918

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]On
Behalf Of Lorcan Parnell
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 3:51 PM
To: A list for Do-It-Yourself EFI

My apologies for the lack of detail. Now that I have managed to confuse one
or two (including me!) perhaps the following will simplify things.

The Dynojet Powercommander 3 I want to use is intended for use on bikes with
high impedance (13-16ohm) sequential injectors. It has four inputs (one per
cyl) and 4 output wires.

The bike I want to fit it to has four low impedance (2.6ohm) batch-fired
injectors. The ECU has a single output trigger wire which goes to all 4
injectors (which I can tie to all 4 inputs on the PC3), and all 4 injectors
have a tied 12v feed direct to the battery.

 If I fit a resistor (10ohm?) to each output of the PC3 will each injector
get less
voltage than stock and open slower?

I don't want to get it wrong and fry the injectors, the PC3 or the ECU, so
thanks for the help!

Lorcan