[Diy_efi] Leaky fuel rail fiasco

J Creech jcreech1 at olemac.net
Mon Aug 2 03:09:23 GMT 2004

I submit that, while fuel rail stock is *indeed* expensive, it pales compared to the cost of burning
down even the most bargain-basement of projects (both monetarily and through sheer aggravation and
anguish).

My suggestion? Toss the leaker and start over again. Look at http://www.grizzly.com/ or
http://www.mcmaster.com/ for a cheap finishing mill cutter (or a set, Grizzly is pretty reasonable)
if you feel you *have* to do it yourself.

Measure twice, poke the hole once. For (insert Deity of choice's name here) sake, don't Kludge
something together just to have your local Fire Department come put you out and add insult to injury
with a hefty Bill............

This is just my $0.005 (that's half-cents [sense!])

-Scott C.