[Diy_efi] injector advance

Gary gas- at charter.net
Sat Aug 7 13:35:35 GMT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Hermann" <bearbvd at mindspring.com>
To: "A list for Do-It-Yourself EFI" <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 9:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] injector advance

> > I prefer concentrating one issues I have more control over.
>
> I don't much care what you want to concentrate on, was
> simply pointing out the facts.

I'll clarify, that as YOUR facts.

> > If not, I personally consider it engineering dribble.
>
> Don't much care what you consider it, either.  Not your call.

Trying to convince me (and others) its yours?

> >> The fact that properly TUNED IR carbys (Webers, et al)
> >> will yield lower full power bsfc than conventional port injectors
> >> at WOT pretty  much proves the point.
>
> > Proves little.
>
> It proves the POINT, that internal cooling during the compression
> stroke is useful. When you graduate to a modocum of...

Gee, had to look that word up.  Hmmm, two dictionaries....
couldn't find it.  :)

> When you graduate to a modocum of understanding of how
> alky fuels and/or water injection work....

Oh, I remember some of those discussions, especially some
of your responses.  Bet you remember, also.  The more you
respond to this thread, the further off track you get.  Now what
has THAT have to do with THIS thread on gasoline injector
timing?  Answer, anyone?

> > However, I consider that misleading in discussion that
> > compares to fuel injectors.
>
> Again, what you 'consider' things to be, don't much matter !!
>
> > The improved BSFC also benefits from the 'TUNED' intake
> > tract as well.
>
> It would seem that your next lesson needs to be on the
> difference between VE and BSFC !!!

How mixture 'wave' travels up and down the tuned/untuned port
B4 it actualy enters the cylinder, has alot to do with BSFC.
But as noted previusly, little to do with the original subject
matter of injector timing?

> Again, it's pretty hard to give a shiite what you 'consider'.
>
> > I referenced the archived thread, because the original post (in
> > that thread) inquired about injector timing, with pertinent on
> > topic discussion resulting.  I considered that to be helpful to
> > thread originator here.  You know, something relevant.
>
> As I recall, I participated fairly heavily in that thread, as well as
> other similar ones before it.

Well, you typed alot of words maybe.  Not aware of anything that
pertained to actual injector timing subject, though.

> All I was trying to do was synopsize it, diched !!

synopsize.... I gotta get a new dictionary...

> Butt out !!
>
> Greg

Ah, same ole 'bear' of yesteryear.  The 'bear' I remember.  Arrogant
and disrespectful!!  Apparently, instructors didn't teach THAT in
engineering school.  As far as gaining some of that (lost) respect
back is concerned,  ya just dug your hole a little deeper....Respect...
a real bitch.... when you loose it...

Is it possible you can actually respond (in a civil manner) ON topic?

So..anyone to add to the actual subject matter.  Quoting from original
post:  Anyone with information on what injection advance to use?