[Diy_efi] injector advance

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 7 22:03:03 GMT 2004

--- Gary <gas- at charter.net> wrote:

> In reality, it is directed on the port wall or
> floor.

Yet intake wall wetting is much less of a factor in
injected engines than carbureted.

This one you got completely wrong.  And if you don't
agree, you can argue with Russ Collins of RC
Engineering, who only does fuel injection as his
entire business, as he (and a number of Tier 1 OE
suppliers' engineers) confirm that, yes, port
injection shoots for the back of the intake valve(s),
and specifically AVOIDS the walls of the intake tract.

I am sure I don't have to mention to you, with your
engineering background, how the space between misfire
and detonation becomes razor-thin when dealing with
fuel puddling in the intake...

  (A good reason