[Diy_efi] injector advance

Gary gas- at charter.net
Sun Aug 8 12:59:16 GMT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Hermann" <bearbvd at mindspring.com>
To: "A list for Do-It-Yourself EFI" <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2004 11:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] injector advance

> At 2:52 PM 8/7/04, Adam Wade wrote:
> >--- Gary <gas- at charter.net> wrote:
> >
> >> In reality, it is directed on the port wall or floor.
> >
> > This one you got completely wrong.  And if you don't agree,
> > you can argue with Russ Collins of RC Engineering, who only
> > does fuel injection as his entire business, as he (and a
> > number of Tier 1 OE suppliers' engineers) confirm that, yes,
> > port injection shoots for the back of the intake valve(s),
> > and specifically AVOIDS the walls of the intake tract.
>
> Check out some SBF's.

Check out most engines.

> I don't know Russ, so no comment directly about him. BUT-- the
> fact that a person does something for his entire living HARDLY
> proves that he has a clue WTF he is talking about. Witness the
> knowlege level of typical automotive magazine writers and
> automotive authors !!

I'm confident RC is a responsible and knowledgeable professional.
I consider it a case of Adam W. having his distorted, second hand
'facts' confused, without the disipline or desire to check out those
'facts' for himself.  Wonder if he put 'facts' such as this, in his
book, without verifying them first.  Posters that don't clean up or
clip their replies, lack discipline as well.