[Diy_efi] injector advance

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 20:13:37 GMT 2004

--- "Tomas J. Sokorai Sch." <tsokorai at xperts.cl>
wrote:

> The key for economy is not the GDI itself, but the
> possibility of stratified charge fueling strategies
> that GDI enables.

It is possible to do stratified charge without GDI,
although GDI makes it much more flexible and able to
be used over a wider range of the engine speed/load
matrix.

And when factoring economy, you have to consider cost
to manufacture, cost to consumer, warranty costs, and
repair costs over the life of the vehicle, unless you
were strictly speaking of FUEL economy.  :)