[Diy_efi] EFI--Manifold types

Garrett P. Beauregard gpbeau at cox.net
Wed Aug 25 04:13:36 GMT 2004

you've hit the issue right there. I'm running a 383 with Edelbrock's Pro-Flo
system which uses the Victor Jr. manifold. Pretty weak down below but the
motor just doesn't like to spin up to where the Victor Jr. wants to breath.
Seems to me a big dual plane (Performer RPM and the like) would be the
solution but have been getting conflicting information on the tuning effects
of manifold design with EFI. If I'm going to step up to a "real" efi system,
I don't want to hobble it with the wrong manifold.

Thanks for the link--I'll see what they have to say.

BTW--does anyone have any links to suppliers that might have screw in
injector bungs to convert a carb manifold? This would help those of us who
are TIG-challenged.

Garrett